2/19/11

Day 25: Favorite Movie

Hello again! Can you all believe that I've blogged 25 days in a row?! I can hardly believe it myself. And the awesome thing is, since I've been given all these topics to work with I have tons of ideas stocked up for when I soon don't have topics to go by any more! I'm pretty excited about it :)

So today's topic is my favorite movie. And let me tell you, I'm no movie buff. I enjoy them sometimes, but inevitably end up feeling like I wasted a whole lot of time. I also happen to like movies that absolutely no one else does. I'm pretty much on my own. I don't take it personally, though. Because I usually don't like the movies that other people do. Haha. So here's some of my favorites. Of course, I couldn't pick just one.

Big Trouble

You may be surprised to know that Tim Allen was actually in a funny movie. I know. It was crazy. In fact, I almost didn't even watch this movie, but it happened to have some of my other favorites in it (Stanley Tucci, Zooey Deschanel, Jason Lee, Sofia Vergara, Patrick Warburton, Janeane Garofolo...), so I caved. And boy am I glad I did. I absolutely love this movie. Without giving away too much, it's one of those movies where all the separate stories are so essential to the ending and come together in a truly fantastic way. This is a movie that I would recommend to pretty much any person. Just be prepared to pay attention. It will make no sense without an attentive watcher.

Roman Holiday

Because, seriously... who doesn't have a crush on Audrey Hepburn AND Gregory Peck?! My first love!

Year of the Dog

I've only met one other person ever who likes this movie, but it's one of my absolute favorites! I love that every one of the characters is soooo extreme. The ultimate soccer mom, the awkward office manager, the crazy vegan lady... It pokes fun at everyone with no exception, but manages to have a great moral behind it.

The Visitor

This one is a recent favorite. I love stories of grumpy old men going soft, and this is a prime pick. Plus, it gives a great look at illegal immigration. All that I know who've seen this movie like it, so I'd say, watch!

Obviously, there's a ton more, but these are a few of my favorites! See you tomorrow!

No comments: