2/10/11

Day 17: Highs & Lows

Over the past year...

My life has changed in so many ways. Both personally and in business life, the small changes piled up to make a huge difference.

I had so many highs that I can't even name them all; mini road trips, the Swell Season at Britt Festival, Renegade Craft Fair, one of my very best friends moving home, so many more... I couldn't possibly pick one, because I know that I would absolutely leave someone or something out. But I had one huge low.

Without getting too personal, my best friend was going through a serious family crisis. It was an awful situation that I've not had to deal with before and it was basically a make or break point in our friendship. I never knew quite what to say and somehow always managed to say the exact wrong thing. Whatever I tried, I felt like she was pushing me away and I didn't know how to deal with it. So I gave up. I decided to take some alone time and let her have her own to deal with things. It was so hard. I wanted to call so badly, but I knew it wasn't the right time and I couldn't provide what she needed. We didn't talk for over a month.

We finally spoke again and it was absolutely amazing. We were so much closer after giving each other the space that we needed and we could appreciate each other and our support far more than ever before. That time was, without a doubt, the lowest point of my last year, but it resulted in a high point. A closer relationship. An ability to open up more than ever before. So... there you have it :)

No comments: