1/28/11

Day 4: Religion

My views...

Yet another tough topic. And one that I almost forgot about while wrapped up in my crossword puzzle! Well here's what I have to say about this. I'm a Christian. I used to hate to call myself that for fear of instant judgment and bad connotation. But it's what I am. I believe that Christianity is based completely on a relationship with Jesus Christ. Not a set of rules to follow, not a number of times to pray and read your Bible... not that any of that is bad. But the true joy of the Lord comes from a relationship with Him.

I believe that every person on this earth is a sinner. We're all equally awful. We all make mistakes, say things we don't mean, hurt people without intending it. It makes us human. And there's not a person on this earth that can claim perfection. We're all on an equal playing field and God loves every single one of us equally. No matter what we believe. So I choose to do the same. Or try my very best, at least. I want to show people the love and compassion that Jesus Christ shows, and although I fall so far short of that, I hope that when it's all said and done, I made a difference in someone's life :) Boy am I looking forward to a light-hearted post....



Forgive the stupid Yahoo thing... It's the best usable video online, but suuuch a good song :) I feel it's the epitome of how people think of religion, particularly Christianity.

No comments: