5/1/11

Alas, I'm Back!

Hello all! Thank you so much for your sweet words on my last post :) I must say, though, those photos were taken the day before a streak of five in which I didn't even dress at all! Haha. It was absolutely awful, but I'm back in good health and even got to take a little trip up to Portland this weekend! Although I brought my camera, I didn't snap even one shot on my visit. It was a rather strange one at that, but a very nice break from my life as of late.

Today, when I got back into town, it was absolutely gorgeous, so Kala and I went on an amazing visit to the park. We stopped to get some cookies, then headed over to play some music and bask in the sun :)







What I Wore:
Blouse: Vintage, Thrifted
Shorts: Thrifted
Sweater: Forever 21
Bracelet: Aguiniga Design
This necklace is one of my absolute favorites! It belonged to my great-grandmother and is one of the very few items I received from her after she passed.

In other news, my giveaway over on A Thought Is The Blossom is closed and we have a winner! Or two, to be more precise :) The first prize winner is Anash of Mom Military and the winner of that adorable purse is Michal of North Country Girl :) Thank you both so much for entering!

On a side note, I'd like to address two sobering issues. First of all, I'd like to send my prayers and best wishes to Starr, dealing with a loss in the family. I hope you all do the same! Secondly, tonight, as I think everyone in America knows, is a historic one in America. The end of a long search... "justice" as many have claimed. I believe in a God of love. One who loves every single human as much as the next, and that it is our calling to love as well... our purpose. I believe that rather than making a spectacle of this night, we should all be in prayer for peace and hope in our country.

xo, Bruklyn

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your outfit and totally agree with your thoughts on the 'spectacle' of everything.. it's all a very sorry and sad state of affairs.. xxxxx

Sarah Munks said...

L.O.V.E your blog and shop. You go girl :)

Unknown said...

eeek, i cant believe you were sick for so long!
glad your feeling better pretty lady.

love the slouchy cardigan & the cute necklace :)

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

love these! you're stunning. x hivenn